April 17, 2020

Oye Como Va...

My familia loves parties! 

We enjoy all types of music, but most of all - my familia loves dancing.  I remember when I was younger my mom and dad would spend all their time at parties dancing.  Mom and dad loved dancing to cumbias and Caribbean style music or mambo.  One of the artists I grew up listening to was Tito Puente.

Have you ever heard this song?  If you haven't ever heard it in music class or at home, play it for your parents - I think most adults have heard it.  The song's title is Oye Como Va.


Tito Puente Mambo King

Today's RiffRaff Read Aloud is a picture book by Monica Brown titled Tito Puente Mambo King, illustrated by Rafael López.



Assignment:
Don't forget to take your AR Reading Quiz for this book once you've finished reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment