March 16, 2020

The VanGogh Museum in Amsterdam





Sunflowers

Fall in the Bosque is my favorite time to run.  Sometime between August and September (around my birthday) the wild sunflowers pop up.  Early in the morning, the sunflowers perk up; they're looking for the sun.  If I were a flower, I am pretty sure I'd be a wild sunflower.

This picture of Tipsy was taken
near Tingley


It's no wonder sunflowers are a recurring theme in my running pictures.  The one on the left is near the Bosque School and that bridge is the Montaño Bridge.  It was a few years back but it is during my favorite time of day to run, sunrise!






Sunflowers in the Bosque
can get pretty tall!
On any given day, you can find me running or walking in the Bosque but especially in the fall.  I may not be the only teacher you spy running along the Bosque!





You may be wondering, "Sra. Raff, what does all this have to do with the VanGogh Art Museum in Amsterdam?"  I'm getting there!

The VanGogh Art Museum

 
This museum houses the biggest collection of art by Vincent VanGogh and they offer a virtual tour!


The VanGogh Museum also has a YouTube channel with everything you'd ever wanted to learn about the artist from his hometown to his illness.


You might still be wondering why I brought up my favorite fall flower.

Did you know that one of VanGogh's still life paintings is of sunflowers?  There's so much to learn about paintings that are as old as this work of art.  Here's a video about some of the research that goes on to learn more about original colors, the canvas and the artist.

I believe it is important to learn to appreciate the natural beauty around you, learn to recognize it in art, and see how it connects people from around the globe.

Here, is a vase of wild sunflowers. We find them in the Bosque but they also pop up and search for the sun in Amsterdam -- all the way across the ocean.  Isn't that amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment